Monday, March 16, 2009

Bonuses? Did they even post a profit?


WASHINGTON -- Rep. Barney Frank charged Monday that a decision by financially strapped insurance giant AIG to pay millions in executive bonuses amounts to "rewarding incompetence."

Echoing outrage expressed on both sides of the political aisle in the wake of revelations that American International Group will pay roughly $165 million in bonuses, Frank said he believes it's time to shake up the company.

I have little or no confidence that Congress is doing the right thing. Barney Frank? Don't get me started. This is unconscienceable that AIG would be issuing bonuses after they took bail-out money to stay afloat. Someone please do something about this, PLEASE. Millionaires giving each other bonuses, I'm beginning to think perhaps there is a class war going on and no one told me to fight back? Where's my bonus, I sucked at running my finances last year, where do I get my check? This is getting ridiculous.

1 comment:

Fritz said...

NO shit! WHAT THE F! I took a very significant pay cut, which is rough for a single income family. I don't get a bonus, I get less salary and commissions. This shit right here is the exact reason, I wrote all my congress people in Colorado to tell them to vote no, and add a HELL NO, to that ridonculious bail out.