Monday, January 12, 2009

WTH? How come I can't get these jobs?


AS terms and conditions of employment go, they're hard to beat and are sure to have job hunters across the world updating their CVs (Resumes).

Tourism Queensland has called the position of caretaker for the reef's beautiful Hamilton Island a "once in a lifetime" opportunity as it searches the world for the right candidate.
The live-in position requires posting a weekly blog, creating photo diaries and video updates to let the world know about the unique life on the island. But that is only when there is time in the busy schedule of sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, diving, picnics, bushwalking and more.

Living in "Blue Pearl", a three-bedroom modern home on the privately-owned island, the caretaker will have their own private plunge pool and spa with stunning views over the reef, large balconies, sun lounges and a "traditional Aussie barbeque". There will also be access to a computer and the internet to complete assignments, as well as transport around the island and ferries to take trips to the north-east coast of Australia.

That job is barely better than mine, so I'm not going to bother with applying.
They are only offering 100,000(US) for that job?
I wouldn't do it for anything less than...hell I'll do it for free. I wonder if they are willing to negotiate?
You know there is some idiot out there who said, "the job wasn't very challenging."

2 comments:

Fritz said...

Sign me up! I'll do it for half what they are offering.
Damn! Wonder what the credentials are for that position.

Heather said...

Hell Ya. I would definitely uproot the family for that job. Shoot I think the rest of my family would come too. Oh, maybe that wouldn't be a good thing.