Friday, September 14, 2007

Texas Football Fan Nearly Castrated in Bar Fight in Oklahoma Bar

This is an old story. I thought I had already run.
Apparently I hadn't.

OKLAHOMA CITY — To some Oklahoma football fans, there are things that just aren't done in the heart of Sooner Nation, and one of them is to walk into a bar wearing a Texas Longhorns T-shirt.
That's exactly what touched off a bloody skirmish that left a Texas-shirt-wearing fan nearly castrated and an Oklahoma fan facing aggravated assault charges that could put him in prison for up to five years.
According to police, 32-year-old Texas fan Brian Christopher Thomas walked into Henry Hudson's Pub on June 17 wearing a Longhorns T-shirt and quickly became the focus of football "trash talk" from another regular, 53-year-old Oklahoma fan Allen Michael Beckett.
Some fans are a bit too intense. He is not a typical OU fan, I can assure you. I am the typical OU fan.
I go to games when I can, I watch the Sooners everytime they are on the TV.
I support my team in all sporting events.
I do not castrate the fans of opposing teams. I mean really, how are they to breed more Texans for me to make fun of on DDDN?
I always rout against Texas even when they play Miami or USC.
Today's news story brought to by the letters, l,o,s,e,r, and s. And the state of Texas.

2 comments:

John said...

I can understand why those slow folk from OK would be mad by having OU's loosing history rubbed in their faces. Granted trying to cut someones nuts off might not be the right approach but what do you expect from Sooners.

Hook'em Horns!

:)

Todd said...

Now now John, don't rag on them just because they lack a professional football team... and their collegiate team spawns hatred for all things not Sooner. One of these days they'll matter if Alaska doesn't beat them to it.

Hook em horns squared