Thursday, September 6, 2007

Nuclear Bombs Mistakenly Flown Over U.S.


A B-52 bomber was mistakenly armed with six nuclear warheads and flown for more than three hours across several states last week, prompting an Air Force investigation and the firing of one commander, Pentagon officials said Wednesday.
Fritz thought that this was such a big story that I should run it.
However he failed to realize that "in my day" B-52s flew with nukes ALL THE TIME. And that accidentally dropping one or two was NO BIG DEAL. Mostly because they didn't televise that it had happened.
Just because you drop them doesn't mean they actually explode. Which would be bad...unless it was like over Boulder Colorado, which would actually improve the suckage of the state of Colorado by 42.68%.

Lost nuclear bomb possibly found
It happened more often than you know
So, I'm sorry I missed this story and I'll try to do better in the future. And if they drop a nuke on Boulder...I'll be the first to report it, I promise.

1 comment:

John said...

During the cold war we had nuke filled B52's flying 24 hours a day. This story was just the AP trying to make something out of nothing.

Having flown with many ex-buff pilots I have heard all sorts of stories about carrying nukes. The nukes in question were not even lethal as their HE detonation components were not installed. Sure they have radioactive cores but not the firing mechanism. So at most if the plane crashed it would just add a little glow to the suck of Oklahoma.