Thursday, August 9, 2007

I'm not sure why, but we're getting a 9/11 tag

I'm not sure why, but Oklahoma has added another license plate for us to choose from.
It's called the Global War on Terrorism plate. A bill in the legislature hoped to buy body armor from the proceeds of this plate. The plate costing 35$ of which 20$ would go to the Oklahoma Military Department to buy the body armor for our National Guard troops.
We already offer 144 different plates, not counting the NASCAR plates which I lumped into one. We also offer 5 colors of blank plates you can choose from with your own message.
I had INETPCS on a blank blue plate when I drove my 1993 Ford Ranger.
After that I had the Oklahoma Historical plate...


I currently have the USMC tag...

which of course has 2MC 666 on it. I had to ask for that number special as they normally don't issue the 666 tag. Mostly because it gets returned.
It's a pretty sweet deal too, cause it's just 9$ to renew.
On the wife's car we have...

Go Sooners. Like the University needs the additional money this tag generates. All this manages to do is piss people off when we drive to Stillwater, home of the Cowboys, Oklahoma State University. Honks and fingers, for everyone with this tag.

We love our tags here in Oklahoma. Check out the complete list.
Fark.com had a photoshop contest for our new tag. There are some pretty funny tags in there.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

=HPSF=Jarhead said...

Its none of my business, but why did you choose SAM PLE for your wife's car? You could have been a little more original.

OkieRover said...

Ass.
It has OU 150 on it.
We were the 150th to get one of the tags. The series is now on at least OU7 999.

Anonymous said...

Why did you choose 2MC 666? Are you a satanist or something? I don't think the Lord Jesus Christ would approve of your plate number, and it is rather disheartening to know people like you are in my beloved Corps.

OkieRover said...

First, 6 is my favorite number. And if you knew me personally the whole thing would make a lot more sense to you.
Don't be disheartened, I WAS in our beloved Corps. And I GO to church every Sunday.